DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Jeanine Pirro’s jail demand backfires as judge uses it to release alleged DC ‘vandal’

August 18, 2026
in News
Jeanine Pirro’s jail demand backfires as judge uses it to release alleged DC ‘vandal’

U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro’s push to jail an alleged World War II Memorial vandal backfired when the judge cited her own filing to deny the demand.

Magistrate Judge Matthew Sharbaugh on Monday ordered Melissa Farris, 41, released from custody on two felony charges stemming from the Aug. 13 spray-painting of the World War II Memorial. Farris was sent home to Kentucky under court supervision.

Less than three hours after the release order, Pirro’s office filed a 30-page motion asking Sharbaugh to reconsider. On Tuesday, he denied it.

The judge said Pirro’s filing “largely misconstrues the nature of the Court’s ruling,” according to the minute order.

“The motion essentially just recycles the same arguments that the Court considered already,” Sharbaugh wrote.

Pirro’s office had argued in the filing that Farris posed an “exceptionally high risk of flight” and called the spray-painting “a brazen attack on one of the Nation’s most sacred monuments.”

The move came as Pirro was already under fire from President Donald Trump over a separate monument case, Raw Story reported. She had dropped charges against David Hearn, a former Olympic canoeist accused of damaging the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool — a project Trump championed.

Trump said Pirro had “folded like an umbrella,” the Washington Post reported, and sources told the Post her job was in question.

“We will not tolerate this kind of criminal activism, and we will ensure that anyone who desecrates a veterans’ memorial is held fully accountable,” Pirro said in a Justice Department statement after Farris’s arrest.

Monday’s denial was not Sharbaugh’s first rebuke of Pirro’s office. The Associated Press reported last fall that he dismissed two felony assault cases at prosecutors’ request and warned from the bench that cases were being charged before they were properly investigated.

“That’s not the way it’s supposed to work, and it has real-world consequences,” Sharbaugh said at the time, according to the AP.

“This is becoming a real concern for the court just given the sheer numbers,” he added.

Farris, who told law enforcement she is homeless and had been living on benches, livestreamed herself spray-painting the memorial and said she was acting as a whistleblower. “I am accountable for the things that I do, and the choices that I make, and our government needs to be accountable for their choices too,” she said in the video.

A preliminary hearing is set for Sept. 3.

The post Jeanine Pirro’s jail demand backfires as judge uses it to release alleged DC ‘vandal’ appeared first on Raw Story.

Justice Department pushes to revive criminal case against Kilmar Abrego Garcia
News

Justice Department pushes to revive criminal case against Kilmar Abrego Garcia

by Los Angeles Times
August 18, 2026

NASHVILLE — The Justice Department is pushing to revive criminal charges against Kilmar Abrego Garcia, telling a federal appeals court late Monday ...

Read more
News

‘Shocking’: New details of Trump DOJ’s ‘crazy two hours’ fumbling Epstein case revealed

August 18, 2026
News

After bruising loss in Michigan, AIPAC turns to California for win

August 18, 2026
News

Tech terror as AI-generated bomb threat forces California school closure

August 18, 2026
News

Outrage as ‘horrific’ redaction outs DeSantis appointee’s alleged child victim

August 18, 2026
Former Fauci aide admits hiding emails to thwart pandemic inquiry

Former Fauci aide admits hiding emails to thwart pandemic inquiry

August 18, 2026
Flock CEO says drones are its fastest-growing business as it expands beyond license plate cameras

Flock CEO says drones are its fastest-growing business as it expands beyond license plate cameras

August 18, 2026
Woman who planned to kill Treasury Secretary Bessent gets six years in prison

Woman who planned to kill Treasury Secretary Bessent gets six years in prison

August 18, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026