DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Judge orders Trump admin to restore National Park changes at sites that ‘disparaged’ US

June 14, 2026
in News
Judge orders Trump admin to restore National Park changes at sites that ‘disparaged’ US

A federal judge on Friday ordered the Trump administration to restore sites changed under an executive order calling for the nation’s museums, parks and landmarks to not display elements that “inappropriately disparage Americans past or living.”

The preliminary injunction issued by US District Judge Angel Kelley in Massachusetts also orders a pause on any additional changes, writing that the plaintiffs have shown that these efforts are meant “to rewrite the Nation’s history with a white-out pen.”

“History cannot be faithfully told while excluding the experiences of communities whose contributions, struggles, and achievements form an important part of our Nation’s story,” the judge wrote.

President Donald Trump listening during an event in the Oval Office.
President Trump in the Oval Office of the White House, Washington D.C., June 11, 2026. AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin

The Trump administration must also provide a status report every week describing the progress they’ve made with these changes, the judge wrote.

“Under the guise of promoting American dignity, this Administration seeks to share a limited history by ordering the removal of all signs, displays, and interpretive exhibits at National Parks that do not align with its preferred narrative, thereby telling half-truths,” Kelley wrote.

The order comes in response to a February lawsuit filed by conservation and historical organizations over National Park Service policies that the groups say have forced park service staff to remove or censor dozens of exhibits that share factually accurate and relevant US history and scientific knowledge, including about slavery and climate change.

Many of the changes were at Philadelphia’s Independence National Historical Park, where the administration removed exhibits on the lives of nine people enslaved at the site in the 1790s under George Washington, the first US president.

Other changes included removing a sign at Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument in Arizona describing basalt bubbles because it had an image of a visitor holding a Pride flag while films on labor history were removed from the Lowell National Historical Park in Massachusetts.

Statue of George Washington in front of Independence Hall, Philadelphia.
A statue of George Washington in front of Independence Hall, Philadelphia. tarnrit – stock.adobe.com

President Trump signed the executive order “restoring truth and sanity to American history” at the nation’s museums, parks and landmarks last year.

Interior Secretary Doug Burgum later directed removal of “improper partisan ideology” from museums, monuments, landmarks and other public exhibits under federal control.

An email seeking comment from the Interior Department was sent Saturday.

Lowell Canal in National Historic Park, Massachusetts, USA.
Films on labor history were removed from the Lowell National Historical Park in Massachusetts. Wangkun Jia – stock.adobe.com

Alan Spears, senior director for cultural resources for the National Parks Conservation Association, one of the organizations that brought the lawsuit, said the ruling will help protect national parks from the administration’s effort “to erase history and science at these one-of-a-kind places.”

“National parks belong to the American people and censorship of any kind goes against the values these places represent,” he said.

Bill Wade, executive director for the Association of National Park Rangers, another organization that brought the lawsuit, said this is especially good news for National Parks employees who “have prided themselves for being able to provide truthful, accurate and unbiased information.”

The post Judge orders Trump admin to restore National Park changes at sites that ‘disparaged’ US appeared first on New York Post.

Potentially dangerous problem flagged ahead of Trump’s Freedom 250 Grand Prix
News

Potentially dangerous problem flagged ahead of Trump’s Freedom 250 Grand Prix

by Raw Story
August 23, 2026

Just hours ahead of President Donald Trump’s IndyCar race in Washington, D.C., NBC News’ Sahil Kapur flagged a potentially dangerous ...

Read more
News

Rose McGowan calls for end to child stardom after fellow ‘Scream’ star Hayden Panettiere’s death

August 23, 2026
News

Officials Investigating Mail Carrier in Peacock Assault

August 23, 2026
News

California beach shut down after 58-foot boat runs aground — spilling toxic chemicals

August 23, 2026
News

‘Missing’ Epstein files containing major allegations against Trump discovered: report

August 23, 2026
Dramatic moment cops save 5 dogs nearly cooked alive in hot car

Dramatic moment cops save 5 dogs nearly cooked alive in hot car

August 23, 2026
Pro-Israel Group Calls for Mark Ruffalo Boycott Until He Apologizes, Retracts ‘Antisemitic’ Ellison Remarks

Pro-Israel Group Calls for Mark Ruffalo Boycott Until He Apologizes, Retracts ‘Antisemitic’ Ellison Remarks

August 23, 2026
Venezuela abandoning the bolivar and adopting the U.S. dollar would be the biggest currency switch since the advent of the euro, Hanke says

Venezuela abandoning the bolivar and adopting the U.S. dollar would be the biggest currency switch since the advent of the euro, Hanke says

August 23, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026