DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

55 kids, teens charged in Hersheypark opening day brawl — as families shielded children, hid under tables

June 10, 2026
in News
55 kids, teens charged in Hersheypark opening day brawl — as families shielded children, hid under tables

Over 50 kids and teenagers have been charged for a massive brawl that broke out during Hersheypark’s opening day, which forced families to shield their children and hide under tables.

Fifty-five people, including 53 minors, whose ages range between 12 and 19, had been involved in multiple fights across the iconic Pennsylvania theme park on April 3, the Derry Township Police Department announced Monday.

The mob was hit with both misdemeanor and felony offenses.

Over 50 kids and teenagers have been charged for a massive brawl that broke out during Hersheypark's opening day, which forced families to shield their children and hide under tables on April 3, 2026.
Over 50 kids and teenagers have been charged for a massive brawl that broke out during Hersheypark’s opening day, which forced families to shield their children and hide under tables on April 3, 2026. CBS 21 News/YouTube

Officials said two different groups, “Group A and Group B,” were caught on security footage arguing in one section of the park before the clash turned physical, blowing up into a full-out brawl just after 6:51 p.m. — just over an hour before closing time.

Police were called to help security break up the “large fight” near the family-friendly Trailblazer coaster.

The dueling groups were separated before meeting up again at a food court, forcing families to hide under tables and flee the area, PennLive reported, citing court documents.

Witnesses told the police the brawl included 50 to 60 teenagers.

One of the fights had spilled over to near one of the rollercoasters, where at least a dozen youngersters grappled and punched each other as a large crowd gathered around them filming the fracas next to the tracks of a rollercoaster, according to video posted online.

The dueling groups were separated before meeting up again at a food court, forcing families to hide under tables and flee the area/
The dueling groups were separated before meeting up again at a food court, forcing families to hide under tables and flee the area. CBS 21 News/YouTube

The violent squabble forced park staff to shut down the coaster.

“These actions caused serious inconvenience to Hersheypark staff and patrons of the park. This caused an emergency stop to the Skyrush ride,” officers said in court records viewed by the outlet.

Some of the fighting teens had been kicked out by police at a side gate, but reentered the park at the main gate and got into another fight at around 7:30 p.m.

After a three-month investigation, officials filed charges for the “disorderly and assaultive behavior by numerous youths” that included Simple Assault, Conspiracy, Theft, Failure to Disperse, Disorderly Conduct, Aggravated Assault, and Riot, among others, police said.

Omar Ibraham, 19, Jerome Ross, III, 18, and Quaneek Williams, 18, all from Harrisburg, Penn., were publicly identified as the only three adults facing charges in the massive brawl, police said.

Williams has been charged with felony riot, assault and failing to disperse, among other charges, according to a probable cause affidavit viewed by PennLive.

Ibrahim and Ross were charged with theft after they allegedly took an admittance wristband from a minor and used it to enter the park.

The theft charge was for $90.80, the cost of a single-day admission pass to the park, the outlet reported.

The three men were charged through summons and have not been arrested as of Tuesday night. Their first court appearances are set for July 7.

Hersheypark had officially opened for its 120th season hours earlier.

“Consistent with Hersheypark’s zero tolerance policy, those who do not abide by our policy will no longer be welcome on our property,” the park told CBS21.

The Post has reached out to Hersheypark.

Hersheypark does not appear to have a chaperone policy for minors visiting the park.

Other amusement parks, including multiple Six Flags locations, have put strict age restrictions in recent months in an attempt to battle rampant nuisance from younger customers.

“All guests ages 17 years old or younger must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old to be admitted to or remain in the park. The policy will be in effect starting at 4:00pm each operating day,” according to the new policy on New Jersey’s Six Flags Great Adventure website.

The post 55 kids, teens charged in Hersheypark opening day brawl — as families shielded children, hid under tables appeared first on New York Post.

Hayden Panettiere’s estranged mom slams Gayle King for ‘shameful’ attacks after daughter’s death
News

Hayden Panettiere’s estranged mom slams Gayle King for ‘shameful’ attacks after daughter’s death

by Page Six
August 22, 2026

Hayden Panettiere’s estranged mom, Lesley Vogel, took aim at Gayle King after the talk show host’s public comments about the ...

Read more
News

NYC cop watchdog group member compared police to KKK, outraged NYPD union reveals

August 22, 2026
News

Bette Midler Flames Chart-Topping AI Song as ‘Cultural Genocide’

August 22, 2026
News

‘It’s Been Terrible’: Thousands in Indiana Remain Without Power

August 22, 2026
News

Rams shut out Saints as Stetson Bennett, CJ Daniels put on a preseason show

August 22, 2026
Judge Denies New Trial for Karmelo Anthony in Texas Teen’s Killing

Judge Denies New Trial for Karmelo Anthony in Texas Teen’s Killing

August 22, 2026
Pardoned J6er jailed after vehicle drives ‘onto sidewalk toward a crowd of people’: police

Pardoned J6er jailed after vehicle drives ‘onto sidewalk toward a crowd of people’: police

August 22, 2026
Somali pirates hijack oil tanker off Yemen in latest attack

Somali pirates hijack oil tanker off Yemen in latest attack

August 22, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026