DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Suspect in Taylor Swift Vienna concert attack plot convicted and sentenced to 15 years

May 29, 2026
in News
Suspect in Taylor Swift Vienna concert attack plot convicted and sentenced to 15 years

An Austrian court on Thursday convicted a man of planning to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna nearly two years ago. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

The state court in Wiener Neustadt, south of the capital, found the 21-year-old defendant, an Austrian citizen known only as Beran A. in line with Austrian privacy rules, guilty on multiple charges including those related to the concert.

The concert plot was thwarted, but Austrian authorities still canceled Swift’s three performances in August 2024.

Defendant Beran A. wears a new shirt as he is returned to the courtroom in the District Court in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where he stands trial for plotting to carry out an attack on one of superstar singer Taylor Swift's concerts in Vienna in August 2024 and pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group, Tuesday, April 28, 2026.
Defendant Beran A. wears a new shirt as he is returned to the courtroom in the District Court in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where he stands trial for plotting to carry out an attack on one of superstar singer Taylor Swift’s concerts in Vienna in August 2024 and pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group, Tuesday, April 28, 2026. AP

His defense attorney said Beran A. admitted to the charges related to the concert plot during the opening day of the trial last month.

In brief final words to the court before it adjourned to consider a verdict on Thursday, Beran A. said: “I would just like to say that I am sorry.”

Beran A. allegedly planned to target people outside the Ernst Happel Stadium with knives or homemade explosives.

Tens of thousands of Taylor Swift fans, known as Swifties, had traveled to Austria to attend the performances of the American singer’s record-setting Eras Tour.

Devastated by the cancellations, many gathered in central Vienna to trade friendship bracelets and commiserate.

Beran A. also allegedly networked with members of the Islamic State group ahead of the planned attack.

Austrian police officers watch a gathering of Taylor Swift fans in the city centre in Vienna on Aug. 8, 2024.
Austrian police officers watch a gathering of Taylor Swift fans in the city centre in Vienna on Aug. 8, 2024. AP

Prosecutors have said they discussed purchasing weapons and making bombs, and that the defendant also sought to illegally buy weapons in the days ahead of the performance, as well as swearing allegiance to the militant group.

Authorities searched his apartment on Aug. 7, 2024, and found bomb-making materials. The concerts were scheduled to begin the next day.

“Having our Vienna shows canceled was devastating,” Swift wrote in a statement posted to Instagram two weeks later. “The reason for the cancellations filled me with a new sense of fear, and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows.”

He was tried alongside Arda K., another 21-year-old whose full name also has not been made public. They, along with a third man, Hasan E., who was arrested and remains in pretrial detention in Saudi Arabia, allegedly planned to carry out simultaneous attacks in Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates during Ramadan 2024 in the name of IS.

Taylor Swift performs onstage during
Taylor Swift performs onstage during “Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour” at Wembley Stadium on Aug. 15, 2024 in London, England. Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for TAS Rights Management

Only Beran A. was charged in connection with the concert plot. The two defendants were found guilty of charges including traveling and training for terrorist purposes, and being part of a terrorist organization, the Austria Press Agency reported.

The court also found the pair guilty of contributing to attempted murder, a charge linked to Hasan E.’s alleged stabbing of a security officer in Mecca in March 2024. Hasan E. also attacked and wounded three other officers and a woman before he was arrested, according to prosecutors.

Beran A. and Arda K. did not carry out their alleged plans in the UAE and Turkey. Beran A. returned to Vienna and later allegedly began plotting to attack the Swift concert there.

Arda K. was given a 12-year sentence. The two men listened stoically to the verdict and the sentencing, APA reported.

Beran A.’s lawyer, Anna Mair, said after the verdict that she would discuss with her client in the coming days whether to accept the verdict.

The post Suspect in Taylor Swift Vienna concert attack plot convicted and sentenced to 15 years appeared first on New York Post.

Nancy Kassebaum Baker, former U.S. senator from Kansas, dies at 94
News

Nancy Kassebaum Baker, former U.S. senator from Kansas, dies at 94

by Los Angeles Times
August 22, 2026

TOPEKA, Kan. — Nancy Kassebaum Baker, a Kansas governor’s daughter who became the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate without following ...

Read more
News

How a Trump Envoy Uses Vodka and Dirty Jokes to Conduct U.S. Diplomacy

August 22, 2026
News

Anna Paquin makes chilling claim about child stars after Hayden Panettiere, Michelle Trachtenberg’s deaths

August 22, 2026
News

Nancy Kassebaum Baker, former Kansas senator, dies at 94

August 22, 2026
News

Kacey Musgraves’ New Tour Prop Looks Like a Giant Pair of Testicles, and the Internet Cannot Unsee It

August 22, 2026
‘This is a money-losing proposition for most of these individuals’: Americans are draining stock portfolios to shovel more money into sports betting

‘This is a money-losing proposition for most of these individuals’: Americans are draining stock portfolios to shovel more money into sports betting

August 22, 2026
‘Exhausted’ Trump voters’ praise for his rival leaves former GOP pollster in disbelief

‘Exhausted’ Trump voters’ praise for his rival leaves former GOP pollster in disbelief

August 22, 2026
Horrified School District Pleads Police to Stop Using Electric Shock Torture Gloves on Students

Horrified School District Pleads Police to Stop Using Electric Shock Torture Gloves on Students

August 22, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026