DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

San Diego fires staffer who brought Oscar winner ‘One Battle After Another’ to the city

May 27, 2026
in News
San Diego fires staffer who brought Oscar winner ‘One Battle After Another’ to the city

San Diego City Council has got rid of a staffer who brought the movie “One Battle After Another” to the region — along with millions of dollars.

Mayor Todd Gloria’s budget slashesthe position of filming program manager Guy Langman, who Michael Glaser, the location manager for the Oscar-winning film, credits with the sole reason of shooting there.

“I don’t think I’m being dramatic in saying this, but it just, it wouldn’t have happened,” Glaser told the Times of San Diego.

On set, Leonardo DiCaprio and director Paul Thomas Anderson crouch in dry grass, with Anderson holding his hands up.
Southern California city makes what could be a very costly decision to eliminate staffer credited with bringing millions of dollars into the city. ©Warner Bros/Courtesy Everett Collection

He said they needed the permits fast and Langman made it happen in less than two weeks to get the film crew the permits to shoot in the city and Otay Mesa, near the Mexico border.

The movie features Hollywood stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Sean Penn and Benecio del Toro, some of whom were only available for a short window.

Headshot of Guy Langman.
He said they needed the permits fast and Langman made it happen in less than two weeks.

“It would have had to push weeks and weeks, which is not possible because we lose Leonardo DiCaprio to another movie,” he added. “Like, it just wouldn’t have happened.”

And the boon to the city financially can not be understated, with filming in 2024 of the Warner Bros. production bringing in $6.8 million due to the extra lodging, food and jobs during the six weeks of filming.

Last year, Mayor Gloria even touted the work done by Langman’s office to get the project done in the city. “San Diego on the big screen!” the mayor wrote in a Facebook post.

Filming of the Oscar-winning movie 'One Battle After Another' on a beach.
Bringing in a whopping $6.8 million to the area due to the extra lodging, food, jobs, etc. during the six weeks of filming. City of San Diego

“‘One Battle After Another’ premieres this Friday after filming in our city last year. Production supported local crews, businesses, and jobs. It shows Hollywood what San Diego can do.”

Langman recently posted on his LinkedIn about the power of filming in the area to help the economy and bring jobs too.

“It’s not just about permitting film and streaming productions – these large scale commercials and photo shoots are becoming more the norm as of late here in San Diego,” the post read.


Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters

California Post News: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn California Post Sports Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X California Post Opinion California Post Newsletters: Sign up here! California Post App: Download here! Home delivery: Sign up here!Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!


Leonardo DiCaprio in character from
Langman recently posted about the power of filming in the area to help the economy and bring jobs too. ©Warner Bros/Courtesy Everett Collection

“Commercials – while not as flashy as a movie, are great economic activity engines that we always welcome and take care of here in San Diego.”

Ramon Galindo, a spokesperson for the city, told the outlet that with Langman’s position cut, those duties will fall to the Department of Parks and Recreation to work with film projects in the city and issue permits.


Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters

California Post News: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn California Post Sports Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, X California Post Opinion California Post Newsletters: Sign up here! California Post App: Download here! Home delivery: Sign up here!Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!


In addition, Galindo said the city supports the county’s plans to create a regional film office that could take over some of these services. 

The president of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees Local 122, Greg Sowizdrzal, said in order for the city to remain competitive for film jobs, they will “still need somebody working inside the city.”

A film set on a sunny beach in San Diego with crew and equipment.
A spokesperson for the city said with Langman’s position cut, those duties will fall to the Department of Parks and Recreation. City of San Diego

“We’re going to  try to push the initiative at the county anyway, but without somebody at the city — that definitely hampers it.”

In 2025, filming projects brought in $10.6 million to the local economy, Galindo told the outlet. 

The year the Oscar winning film shot in San Diego, the movie industry is credited with bringing $17.4 million to the city, per the report.

The post reached out to the city and the entertainment union for further comment.

The post San Diego fires staffer who brought Oscar winner ‘One Battle After Another’ to the city appeared first on New York Post.

BigXthaPlug Gets Arrested in Dallas on the Exact Same Date as His Previous Run-in With the Law
News

BigXthaPlug Gets Arrested in Dallas on the Exact Same Date as His Previous Run-in With the Law

by VICE
August 22, 2026

One of the biggest rappers working today finds himself in some hot water. News in Dallas and Fort Worth reported ...

Read more
News

Scientists Just Discovered Narwhal Tusks Are Even Stranger Than We Thought

August 22, 2026
News

Inside Germany’s roughly $14 billion plan to deter Russia with a new arsenal of deep-strike missiles

August 22, 2026
News

U.S. to allow limited livestock imports from Mexico as outbreak from flesh-eating screwworm parasite eases, but total eradication will take time

August 22, 2026
News

Trump says oil companies are ‘making too much money.’ Their own balance sheets agree

August 22, 2026
U.S. hits Canada with 50 percent tariffs after talks fail, Carney vows retaliation

U.S. hits Canada with 50 percent tariffs after talks fail, Carney vows retaliation

August 22, 2026
90% of executives say AI hasn’t boosted productivity. Some are still cutting jobs

90% of executives say AI hasn’t boosted productivity. Some are still cutting jobs

August 22, 2026
Patients Are Skipping Going to the Doctor Because AI “Receptionists” Can’t Understanding What They’re Saying

Patients Are Skipping Going to the Doctor Because AI “Receptionists” Can’t Understanding What They’re Saying

August 22, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026