DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Health officials warn NYC Italian eatery patrons of possible exposure to measles by infected diner

May 6, 2026
in News
Health officials warn NYC Italian eatery patrons of possible exposure to measles by infected diner

Health officials are warning New Yorkers who dined at a Manhattan Italian restaurant last month that they may have been exposed to measles after a customer tested positive for the highly infectious virus.

An unvaccinated individual visited Norma’s Restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on April 25, according to the restaurant and CBS New York.

“An individual who later tested positive for measles visited Norma Hell’s Kitchen,” the restaurant posted to social media on Tuesday. “Guests present during this time may have had a possible exposure.”

An unvaccinated individual visited Norma's Restaurant in Hell's Kitchen between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on April 25, 2026.
An unvaccinated individual visited Norma’s Restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on April 25, 2026. norma.gastronomia.siciliana/Instagram

The New York City Department of Health is responding to the measles case through its “robust disease surveillance and reporting system,” to identify and notify people who may have been exposed, a spokesperson told CBS.

“The risk to the general public is low due to high vaccination coverage among New Yorkers, and there have been no reports of secondary cases. This is a reminder of the importance of vaccination, which is the best protection against measles,” the spokesperson said.

The case marks the fifth confirmed measles case in the Big Apple so far this year, according to public health data.

The airborne virus can spread when someone coughs or sneezes – and lingers in the air for up to two hours after the infected person leaves the area. 

If one person has measles, up to 90% of people around them will also get it if they are unvaccinated or otherwise not immune, according to the New York City Department of Health.

Health officials have urged the use of the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine as individual protection against the virus and to promote herd immunity.

The April 2026 incident marks the fifth confirmed measles case in the Big Apple so far this year.
The April 2026 incident marks the fifth confirmed measles case in the Big Apple so far this year. felipe caparros cruz

You are considered vaccinated against measles if you have received 2 valid doses of MMR vaccine, or other live, measles-containing vaccine.

Norma said there is no known “ongoing risk” at the restaurant.

The New York City DOH did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.

The post Health officials warn NYC Italian eatery patrons of possible exposure to measles by infected diner appeared first on New York Post.

Hundreds suffered ill health from massive Boyle Heights warehouse fire, new survey finds
News

Hundreds suffered ill health from massive Boyle Heights warehouse fire, new survey finds

by Los Angeles Times
August 20, 2026

Hundreds of Boyle Heights residents suffered health problems after a fire at a cold storage facility burned stubbornly for days, ...

Read more
News

Japan’s U.S. Ties Could Not Save a Top Judge From Trump’s I.C.C. Sanctions

August 20, 2026
News

Trans Migrants in ICE Detention Are Losing Their Rights and Medical Care

August 20, 2026
News

Maggie Haberman reveals Trump’s secret motive for sitting down with Michael Cohen

August 20, 2026
News

Targeted by an Islamophobic Provocateur, a City’s Muslims Are on Edge

August 20, 2026
Ahead of Grand Prix race, Melania Trump makes first public appearance in weeks

Ahead of Grand Prix race, Melania Trump makes first public appearance in weeks

August 20, 2026
Sandra Bullock says she ‘wasn’t allowed to speak about’ late partner Bryan Randall’s ALS battle

Sandra Bullock says she ‘wasn’t allowed to speak about’ late partner Bryan Randall’s ALS battle

August 20, 2026
Homeland Security Has Not Proved That Thousands of Noncitizens Registered to Vote in Nevada

Homeland Security Has Not Proved That Thousands of Noncitizens Registered to Vote in Nevada

August 20, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026