DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Trump issues fresh Strait of Hormuz threat, says there can’t be a deal with Iran unless ‘the rest of their country’ is blown up

April 22, 2026
in News
Trump issues fresh Strait of Hormuz threat, says there can’t be a deal with Iran unless ‘the rest of their country’ is blown up

President Trump rejected calls to reopen the Strait of Hormuz – warning there would never be a deal with Iran “unless we blow up the rest of their country, their leaders included.”

The commander-in-chief said Iran only proclaims it’s closed the waterway to “save face” as he issued the fiery threat Tuesday night – just hours after announcing the cease-fire had been extended.

“Iran doesn’t want the Strait of Hormuz closed, they want it open so they can make $500 Million Dollars a day (which is, therefore, what they are losing if it is closed!),” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

An Iranian woman walking in front of a wall mural of the Iranian national flag.
An Iranian woman walking in front of a wall mural of the Iranian national flag in Tehran. ABEDIN TAHERKENAREH/EPA/Shutterstock

“They only say they want it closed because I have it totally BLOCKADED (CLOSED!), so they merely want to ‘save face.’

“People approached me four days ago, saying, ‘Sir, Iran wants to open up the Strait, immediately.’ But if we do that, there can never be a Deal with Iran, unless we blow up the rest of their Country, their leaders included!”

In a subsequent post, Trump claimed the Iranian regime is “collapsing financially” and it’s “starving for cash.”

“Military and Police complaining that they are not getting paid. SOS!!!” he wrote.

Tehran has not responded to Trump’s latest threat, but foreign minister Abbas Araghchi claimed the blockade violates the cease-fire and the war of words appears to be on the rise. 

“Blockading Iranian ports is an act of war and thus a violation of the ceasefire. Striking a commercial vessel and taking its crew hostage is an even greater violation,” he wrote on X.

He then vowed Iran knows “how to defend its interests and how to resist bullying.”

President Donald Trump speaks at a podium.
President Trump issued a threat over the Strait of Hormuz. AP

Iran has already condemned US forces for seizing the M/V Touska vessel, describing it as “piracy.”

The strait, through which one-fifth of the world’s oil passes, was closed Saturday – merely hours after Araghchi had said it was “completely open” for commercial ships. 

Iran has since vowed that the strait remain closed until the US lifts its blockade, and the regime has scoffed at Western nations’ calls to reopen the waterway.

Kaja Kallas, the EU’s top diplomat, was ridiculed by the Iranians after he called for the strait to remain open “under international law.”

U.S. AH-64 Apache helicopter flying above the Strait of Hormuz during blockade operations.
U.S. AH-64 Apache helicopter flying above the Strait of Hormuz during blockade operations. EyePress News/Shutterstock

“Oh, that ‘international law’?!,” Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei quipped. 

“The one that the EU dusts off to lecture others while quietly green-lighting a U.S.-Israeli war of aggression — and looking the other way on atrocities against Iranians?!

“Spare the sermons; Europe’s chronic failure to practice what it preaches has turned its ‘international law’ talk into peak hypocrisy.”

Talks spearheaded by French President Emmanuel Macron and UK Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer calling for the strait to be reopened have not progressed further.

It also remains unclear whether there will be a second round of US-Iran peace talks. 

Vice President Vance was reported to be leading a US delegation for talks in Islamabad, Pakistan, but he remains in Washington. 

Special envoy Steve Witkoff and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner also were expected in the Pakistani capital, but instead traveled from Miami to the White House on Tuesday for meetings. 

Iranian negotiators will not be in the Pakistani capital and the Tasnim News Agency reported that the country is preparing for the conflict to restart.

Mohammed-Bagher Ghalibaf, the Islamic Republic’s parliamentary speaker, teased that Iran has “new cards” it can reveal on the battlefield.

The post Trump issues fresh Strait of Hormuz threat, says there can’t be a deal with Iran unless ‘the rest of their country’ is blown up appeared first on New York Post.

4 Texas cities top list of ‘most motivated’ housing markets — as sellers desperately slash prices to find buyers
News

4 Texas cities top list of ‘most motivated’ housing markets — as sellers desperately slash prices to find buyers

by New York Post
August 19, 2026

Gone are the days of the Lone Star State rush. Texas, a popular COVID-era landing pad for out-of-staters fleeing pandemic ...

Read more
News

Raman campaign plans to hire controversial strategy group that advised Graham Platner

August 19, 2026
News

Raman campaign plans to hire controversial strategy group that advised Graham Platner

August 19, 2026
News

Amazon is rolling out drone delivery to 500 cities. Here’s how to see if they’ll deliver to your house.

August 19, 2026
News

Moderna’s and Merck’s personalized mRNA vaccine shows real promise against deadly skin cancer melanoma in late stage trial and sends stocks soaring

August 19, 2026
‘No serious dispute’ that Comey’s seashell post could be read as a Trump threat, prosecutors say

‘No serious dispute’ that Comey’s seashell post could be read as a Trump threat, prosecutors say

August 19, 2026
L.A. prosecutor backs off case that critics said could deter whistleblowers

L.A. prosecutor backs off case that critics said could deter whistleblowers

August 19, 2026
How KFC and Taco Bell’s top technologist is embracing AI and automation across 63,000 restaurants

How KFC and Taco Bell’s top technologist is embracing AI and automation across 63,000 restaurants

August 19, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026