DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

U.S. Kills 3 in Latest Boat Strike

February 21, 2026
in News
U.S. Kills 3 in Latest Boat Strike

The U.S. military said on Friday that it blew up a boat in the eastern Pacific Ocean, killing three people.

The strike raised the death toll in the American campaign against people it accuses of drug smuggling at sea to at least 147.

The United States Southern Command announced the strike on social media with a 16-second video clip that showed a stationary boat floating in the water suddenly exploding.

Legal specialists on the use of lethal force have said the strikes are illegal, extrajudicial killings because the military cannot deliberately target civilians who do not pose an imminent threat of violence, even if they are suspected of engaging in criminal acts. The Southern Command, which oversees military operations in Latin America and the Caribbean from its headquarters near Miami, cited unspecified intelligence in its announcement. It said all three boats had been traveling on “known narco-trafficking routes” and were “engaged in narco-trafficking operations.”

The attack, the 43rd since the American campaign against the boats in the Caribbean and the Eastern Pacific started in early September, continued a recent increase in the pace of strikes. The U.S. military has carried out strikes every three or four days since the new leader of the Southern Command, Gen. Francis L. Donovan of the Marine Corps, took over last month after the previous commander, Adm. Alvin Holsey, abruptly retired. Defense Department and congressional officials said Admiral Holsey had expressed concerns about the strikes.

Eric Schmitt is a national security correspondent for The Times. He has reported on U.S. military affairs and counterterrorism for more than three decades.

The post U.S. Kills 3 in Latest Boat Strike appeared first on New York Times.

CBS to Air Star’s Axed ‘60 Minutes’ Segment Days After He Quits
Media

CBS to Air Star’s Axed ‘60 Minutes’ Segment Days After He Quits

by The Daily Beast
February 21, 2026

CBS has announced it will finally air a controversial 60 Minutes segment investigating one of the Trump administration’s most bizarre ...

Read more
News

ICE changes story and admits detainee died of ‘spontaneous use of force’

February 21, 2026
News

Trump’s ‘offensively disgusting’ joke about Congressional medal sparks outrage

February 21, 2026
News

Bridge Owner Donated $1 Million to MAGA Inc. PAC Before Trump Blasted New Span

February 21, 2026
News

Eric Dane’s friends set up $250K GoFundMe after actor’s death

February 21, 2026
Far-right Senate hopeful fumbles as candidacy papers filed with wrong agency

Far-right Senate hopeful fumbles as candidacy papers filed with wrong agency

February 21, 2026
John Roberts’ public ‘chastizing’ of right-wing justice flagged by legal expert

John Roberts’ public ‘chastizing’ of right-wing justice flagged by legal expert

February 21, 2026
D.C. may soon lift water advisory as work continues after Potomac sewage spill

D.C. may soon lift water advisory as work continues after Potomac sewage spill

February 21, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026