DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Canadian trans shooter’s disturbing ChatGPT messages alarmed employees — but company never alerted cops

February 21, 2026
in News
Canadian trans shooter’s disturbing ChatGPT messages alarmed employees — but company never alerted cops

ChatGPT-maker OpenAI banned Canadian transgender school shooter Jesse Van Rootselaar’s account over his violent behavior on the platform last year — but never alerted authorities before he gunned down eight people in one of the country’s deadliest mass killings.

The 18-year-old high school dropout carried out the second-worst school shooting in Canadian history last week, first slaughtering his mother and stepbrother at home and then storming into Tumbler Ridge Secondary School, where he killed six people and injured 25 more before turning the gun on himself

The San Francisco tech company said it spotted the deranged shooter’s alarming profile in June through abuse-monitoring systems and considered referring the account to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Jesse Strang holding a rifle.
Jesse Van Rootselaar’s biological father is trying to distance himself from his murderous son — insisting he is not to blame for his son’s actions. Facebook

However, OpenAI concluded the disturbing activity didn’t meet the bar for notifying law enforcement and banned the account for policy violations.

Following the mass killing, the company reached out to law enforcement.

“Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the Tumbler Ridge tragedy,” an OpenAI spokesperson said.

“We proactively reached out to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with information on the individual and their use of ChatGPT, and we’ll continue to support their investigation.”

Canadian authorities confirmed they were contacted by the AI firm after the shooting, adding an investigation into Rootselaar’s social media and online activity is underway.

Collage of seven portraits: Abel Mwansa, Ezekiel Schofield, Ticaria Lampert, Zoey Benoit, Kylie Smith, Emmett Jacobs, and Jennifer Strang.
Van Rootselaar killed (clockwise from top left) Abel Mwansa, 12, Ezekiel Schofield, 13, Ticaria Lampert, 12, Zoey Benoit, 12, Jennifer Strang, 39, Emmett Jacobs, 11, and Kylie Smith, 12.
The 18-year-old high school dropout carried out the second-worst school shooting in Canadian history last week.
The 18-year-old high school dropout carried out the second-worst school shooting in Canadian history last week.

Rooselaar launched his horrifying attack at a private residence in the sleepy rural community of Tumbler Ridge on Feb. 10 before continuing the carnage at the school.

Six people were found dead inside the school, and the bodies of Van Rootselaar’s mother, 39, and stepbrother, 11, were discovered in a local residence, cops said.

The victims included one female teacher, three female students and two male students.

With Post wires

The post Canadian trans shooter’s disturbing ChatGPT messages alarmed employees — but company never alerted cops appeared first on New York Post.

Las Vegas cops probe terrorism event after driver rammed into power substation, explosives found
News

Las Vegas cops probe terrorism event after driver rammed into power substation, explosives found

by New York Post
February 21, 2026

Las Vegas police say they’re investigating a car that rammed into a power substation Thursday as a ” terrorism-related event.” ...

Read more
News

Trump put ‘dementia’ on full display as he trashed judges he appointed: governor

February 21, 2026
News

Two more skiers killed in Lake Tahoe — after California’s deadliest avalanche claimed eight lives

February 21, 2026
News

At the Olympics, Drama on the Ice Is Not Limited to the Skaters

February 21, 2026
News

Trump Imposes New Tariffs to Sidestep Supreme Court Ruling

February 21, 2026
Vampires Won’t Die. What’s Behind Their Bite?

Vampires Won’t Die. What’s Behind Their Bite?

February 21, 2026
‘Murky Waters’ for Global Businesses After Trump’s Tariff Loss

‘Murky Waters’ for Global Businesses After Trump’s Tariff Loss

February 21, 2026
Mia Goth wants ex Shia LaBeouf to go to rehab after Mardi Gras bar brawl arrest: report

Mia Goth wants ex Shia LaBeouf to go to rehab after Mardi Gras bar brawl arrest: report

February 21, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026