DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Fourth measles case confirmed in L.A. County; person visited LAX, restaurants while infectious

February 19, 2026
in News
Fourth measles case confirmed in L.A. County; person visited LAX, restaurants while infectious

A fourth measles case has been confirmed in Los Angeles County, prompting renewed calls from health officials for residents to ensure they are protected against the highly contagious virus.

The infected individual flew from Singapore to Los Angeles International Airport on Feb. 9 aboard Singapore Airlines Flight 38. The plane landed at about 7 p.m. following a 14-hour journey, according to the L.A. County Department of Public Health.

Over the following days, the individual visited a few San Gabriel Valley fast food restaurants, potentially exposing others to the measles virus.

“As measles cases increase, it is important that residents take steps to make sure they are fully protected,” L.A. County Health Officer Dr. Muntu Davis said in a statement. “The [measles-mumps-rubella] vaccine is the safest and most reliable way to prevent measles and protect yourself, your family, and your community.”

The health department did not respond to questions from The Times regarding the sex or age of the infected individual, who was described in a statement as “a resident who recently traveled internationally.”

After arriving at and leaving the Tom Bradley International Terminal, the individual visited restaurants and convenience stores throughout Whittier and Montebello.

The individual ate at a Burger King in Montebello, 1212 West Beverly Blvd., on Feb. 10 between 5:30 and 7 p.m. The next day, the person dined at Taqueria El Atacor, 11156 1/2 Whittier Blvd. in Whittier, between 3 and 5 p.m.

The final two stops in Montebello were at Domino’s Pizza, 803 West Whittier Blvd., between 4 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. on Feb. 12; and 7-Eleven, 1106 West Beverly Blvd., on Feb. 13 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.

Those who were in the Bradley Terminal (Terminal B) on Feb. 9 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:40 p.m., or in the eateries above during the aforementioned time windows, may have been exposed to the measles virus.

Symptoms typically develop anywhere from seven to 21 days after exposure, according to the health department.

Concerned individuals should confirm whether they have protection against the virus, either through past measles vaccinations or infections.

Those who are not immunized or are unsure of their status should monitor themselves closely for signs of infection. Common symptoms include fever, cough, runny nose or red eyes, as well as a rash.

Those with such symptoms are encouraged to stay home and avoid school, work and any gatherings. They should also call a healthcare provider immediately, but not go into a healthcare facility without informing them.

The monitoring deadline for symptoms ranges from March 2 at LAX until March 6 at 7-Eleven for individuals who visited those spaces around the same time as the infected person.

Davis said the most effective way to protect against measles is to take the MMR vaccine. Children age 1 year and older are considered fully immunized after receiving two doses.

“Measles spreads easily and can lead to serious complications, including pneumonia, brain swelling, and even death,” Davis said. “We urge everyone to confirm their immunity and get the MMR vaccine if needed, especially before traveling. Taking this simple step helps safeguard your health and strengthens protection for our entire community.”

Previous cases confirmed in L.A. County so far this year also involved individuals who had traveled internationally. One of those individuals ventured to Sherman Oaks on Jan. 24, another to Woodland Hills on Jan. 30. The first case had no identified public exposure locations in L.A. County.

Measles cases have increased in the United States as vaccination rates have fallen in recent years, allowing the highly contagious virus to spread in communities with lower vaccine coverage.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 2,280 confirmed measles cases in the U.S. last year, the highest annual total since 1991. As of Feb. 12, 910 cases had already been confirmed nationwide this year — including 15 in California.

The post Fourth measles case confirmed in L.A. County; person visited LAX, restaurants while infectious appeared first on Los Angeles Times.

Ex-GOP adviser aghast as Trump’s face adorns government buildings: ‘Reject this tyranny’
News

Ex-GOP adviser aghast as Trump’s face adorns government buildings: ‘Reject this tyranny’

by Raw Story
February 19, 2026

Former GOP strategist turned anti-Trump commentator Amanda Carpenter tore into President Donald Trump on MS NOW’s “Deadline: White House” on ...

Read more
News

Trump order to promote weedkiller sparks fury in MAHA movement

February 19, 2026
News

Ex-Police Commissioner’s Lawsuit Against New York City Is Dismissed

February 19, 2026
News

Trump’s ballroom blitz, briefly explained

February 19, 2026
News

With ‘Tremendous’ Deals at Stake, Trump Is Bringing Russia in From the Cold

February 19, 2026
4 journalists detained in Cameroon reporting on Trump’s deportations

4 journalists detained in Cameroon reporting on Trump’s deportations

February 19, 2026
JPMorgan slams Trump over ‘fraudulent’ targeting of Jamie Dimon in debanking lawsuit

JPMorgan slams Trump over ‘fraudulent’ targeting of Jamie Dimon in debanking lawsuit

February 19, 2026
How Trump Is Upending Who Can Be a Guest on Late-Night TV

How Trump Is Upending Who Can Be a Guest on Late-Night TV

February 19, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026