DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

‘Who’s Line Is It Anyway?’ star Colin Mochrie, 68, suffers ‘medical situation,’ undergoing emergency surgery

January 5, 2026
in News
‘Who’s Line Is It Anyway?’ star Colin Mochrie, 68, suffers ‘medical situation,’ undergoing emergency surgery

“Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” star Colin Mochrie is undergoing emergency surgery for a serious eye condition, forcing him to postpone dates on his comedy tour.

The 68-year-old comedian’s health crisis was revealed Friday in an Instagram statementshared by Mochrie, his tour partner Asad Mecci, and the account for their hypnosis and improv comedy show HYPROV.

“We regret to inform you that our upcoming shows will be postponed due to a medical situation involving Colin Mochrie,” the statement began.

Colin Mochrie attends The CW Network's New York 2013 Upfront Presentation
Colin Mochrie attends The CW Network’s New York 2013 Upfront Presentation. Getty Images
Colin Mochrie in a selfie
Colin Mochrie in a selfie. colinmochrie7591/Instagram

“Colin has been diagnosed with a detached retina and will be undergoing emergency eye surgery today,” the message continued. “His medical team is optimistic about his full recovery, but he needs time to rest and heal.”

The post acknowledged that “the news is disappointing” for fans set to attend the performances, but promised that plans to reschedule the shows and offer refunded tickets are in the works. 

Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci's hypnosis/improv tour
Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci’s hypnosis/improv tour. hyprovInstagram

“Colin is incredibly grateful for your support and well wishes,” the statement added. “He forward to being back on stage and sharing many more laughs with all of you in the near future. Thank you for understanding.”

The post’s caption read, “We are so sorry and we wish @colinmochrie7591 a speedy recovery. ❤❤❤❤.”

Fans showed Mochrie support in the comments section.

“Sending so much love to Colin,” one fan wrote.

Jonathan Mangum, Colin Mochrie on “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” ©CW Network/Courtesy Everett Collection

“Colin is a national treasure. Hope things go well,” another fan said.

A third person commented, “Sending him all the healing vibes and wishing him a speedy recovery!!”

“May Colin’s surgery and recovery go well and quickly,” someone else wrote.

Mochrie and Mecci, 50, kicked off their tour in December and have shows scheduled through April.

HYPROV’s website describes the tour as “a boundary-breaking comedy experience that fuses hypnosis and improvisation into one electrifying show.”

Colin Mochrie performs in Perth, Australia in October 2013
Colin Mochrie performs in Perth, Australia in October 2013. WireImage
Ryan Stiles, Drew Carey, Colin Mochrie on “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” ©ABC/Courtesy Everett Collection

Mochrie originally starred on the UK version of “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” before joining the American remake hosted by Drew Carey that aired from 1998 to 2007.

He later rejoined the series for the CW revival hosted by Aisha Tyler from 2013 to 2024.

Mochrie previously told Vulture in 2023 that he has a love/hate relationship with the long-running improv TV show.

Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady, Drew Carey, and Colin Mochrie on “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” ©Warner Bros/courtesy Everett Collection / Everett Collection
Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles on “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” ©Cowboy Pictures/Courtesy Everett Collection

“There is a complicated relationship with the show,” Mochrie explained to the outlet. “The cast loves each other, and the actual shooting is always fun. We are all grateful that the show gave us a showcase and allowed us to be able to tour.”

“The downside is that we never received fair compensation for the success of the show,” Mochrie claimed. “We provide the content but don’t get paid as ‘writers.’ We never received residuals for a show that’s been shown around the world since its inception.”

The post ‘Who’s Line Is It Anyway?’ star Colin Mochrie, 68, suffers ‘medical situation,’ undergoing emergency surgery appeared first on New York Post.

‘60 Minutes’ Left Scrambling After Star’s Eleventh-Hour Decision
News

‘60 Minutes’ Left Scrambling After Star’s Eleventh-Hour Decision

by The Daily Beast
February 19, 2026

Anderson Cooper was reportedly set to become the face of 60 Minutes under new leadership until he pulled out at ...

Read more
News

The children of late civil rights leader Jesse Jackson honor his legacy a day after his death

February 19, 2026
News

What to Know About the Sierra Nevada Avalanche

February 19, 2026
News

Healthy, slimmer Teoscar Hernández ‘out to prove something’ this season with Dodgers

February 19, 2026
News

U.N. Security Council Meets on Gaza, a Day Before Board of Peace Gathering

February 19, 2026
Billionaire Zuck Arrived at Landmark Trial in Ill-Fitting Suit

Billionaire Zuck Arrived at Landmark Trial in Ill-Fitting Suit

February 19, 2026
Trump’s Black supporters tout minority gains during White House ceremony

Trump’s Black supporters tout minority gains during White House ceremony

February 19, 2026
‘Has to sting’: Insiders say CBS News got an unmistakable message with star’s exit

‘Has to sting’: Insiders say CBS News got an unmistakable message with star’s exit

February 19, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026