DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Young golfer Emanuele Galeppini named as first victim of Swiss bar blaze that killed at least 40

January 2, 2026
in News
Young golfer Emanuele Galeppini named as first victim of Swiss bar blaze that killed at least 40

Emanuele Galeppini, a 16-year-old Italian international golfer who lived in Dubai, was named on Friday as the first of several possible victims from Italy to be identified after a New Year’s Eve bar fire in the Swiss ski resort of Crans-Montana.

“The Italian Golf Federation mourns the passing of Emanuele Galeppini, a young athlete who carried with him passion and genuine values,” the federation said in a statement.

Swiss authorities have said around 40 people died in the fire and more than 110 were injured.

Emanuele Galeppini, killed in a New Year's Eve bar fire.
Emanuele Galeppini was killed in a New Year’s Eve bar fire in the Swiss ski resort of Crans-Montan. Federazione Italiana Golf / Facebook
Galeppini snapped a photo alongside golfers Luke Donald and Rory McIlroy as well as soccer star Dwight Yorke.
Galeppini snapped a photo alongside golfers Luke Donald and Rory McIlroy as well as soccer star Dwight Yorke. @emanuele.galeppini/Instagram
Photos capture the deadly flashover inside the Constellation in Crans-Montana, where at least 40 people were killed.
Photos capture the deadly flashover inside the Constellation in Crans-Montana, where at least 40 people were killed.

Authorities have warned that naming the victims or establishing a definitive death toll would take time because many of the bodies were badly burned.

Italy’s ambassador to Switzerland said earlier that six Italians were missing and 13 were in hospital receiving treatment for their injuries.

Galeppini had been in Crans-Montana with his family. Italian media reported that he had gone to the Constellation bar with two friends, who managed to escape the fire and were taken to nearby hospitals.

In January 2024, Galeppini was photographed alongside golf stars Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald as well as soccer star Dwight Yorke.

“Pic of the year,” he captioned the post.

The post Young golfer Emanuele Galeppini named as first victim of Swiss bar blaze that killed at least 40 appeared first on New York Post.

Petty Trump Plots to Knife His Own Base in Latest Revenge Scheme
News

Petty Trump Plots to Knife His Own Base in Latest Revenge Scheme

by The Daily Beast
February 19, 2026

President Donald Trump is so desperate to punish Canada that he’s willing to trigger catastrophic losses for American businesses, including ...

Read more
News

Ozzy Osbourne Honored by Hundreds of Costumed Mardi Gras Fans, Sharon Expresses Approval for the Grand Tribute

February 19, 2026
News

GameStop CEO Ryan Cohen just put ‘parasitic’ bosses on blast. Michael Burry sees shades of Warren Buffett.

February 19, 2026
News

Blinking New Warning Sign Appears for AI Industry

February 19, 2026
News

Trump’s dumb move just handed Dems a massive gift — again

February 19, 2026
Lionsgate Television Group Vice Chairman Sandra Stern to Exit in March

Lionsgate Television Group Vice Chairman Sandra Stern to Exit in March

February 19, 2026
U.S. Imports Grew in 2025, as Trump’s Tariffs Took Effect

U.S. Imports Grew in 2025, as Trump’s Tariffs Reshuffled Global Trade

February 19, 2026
An arts panel made up of Trump appointees unanimously approves his White House ballroom proposal

An arts panel made up of Trump appointees unanimously approves his White House ballroom proposal

February 19, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026