DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

ICE Barbie Quietly Caves in Standoff With Staff Who Trashed Her Leadership

December 1, 2025
in News, Politics
ICE Barbie Quietly Caves in Standoff With Staff Who Trashed Her Leadership

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has caved in a fight with its own staff, ordering them back to work after they were put on leave for railing against ICE Barbie Kristi Noem’s leadership, according to Bloomberg.

Almost 200 FEMA employees signed an open letter in August, condemning Noem and Donald Trump’s disaster response plans, or lack of. They were placed on leave and grilled by an internal goon squad of investigators, the publication stated.

The dissenters, most of whom signed the document anonymously, demanded that Congress protect workers from “politically motivated firings” at the agency, which is under the umbrella of Noem’s Department of Homeland Security. Several, reportedly 14, were placed on administrative leave the following day.

US President Donald Trump, Texas Governor Greg Abbott, and First Lady Melania Trump meet with local officials and first responders near the Guadalupe River following devastating flooding that ocurred in the area over the July 4 weekend, in Kerrville, Texas, on July 11, 2025. At least 120 people are dead and more than 170 still missing, following July 4 holiday weekend floods that ravaged the central Texas Hill Country -- including a river bank cluttered with children's summer camp cabins. (Photo by Brendan SMIALOWSKI / AFP) (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)
Trump, pictured with local officials and first responders near the Guadalupe River following devastating flooding, has mused about shuttering FEMA. BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images

Now, in an embarrassing U-turn for Noem, they have been called back, Bloomberg reports. “I am very glad that I’m officially cleared of wrongdoing and that I get to be back at work and see my co-workers after three months,” said Abby McIlraith, an emergency management specialist, ahead of her return to work on Monday.

David Seide, a lawyer for the nonprofit Government Accountability Project, said that FEMA ceased its investigation last week, ordering the group to return to work.

The 194 signatories argued that the Trump administration’s cuts to the agency have weakened its ability to respond to disasters. The release of the letter was timed to fall on the 20th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and comes after Noem was criticized for her agency’s response to flooding in Texas in July that killed over 130 people.

The document cited a new level of bureaucracy imposed by Noem that slowed the response to that crisis. Noem must personally sign off on all DHS contracts and grants over $100,000, the rule states.

KERRVILLE, TEXAS - JULY 11: Secretary of Homeland Security Kristi Noem participates in a round table event with President Donald Trump at the Hill Country Youth Event Center to discuss last week's flash flooding on July 11, 2025 in Kerrville, Texas. Trump traveled to Texas one week after flash flooding along the Guadalupe River swept through cities, mobile home parks and summer camps, killing 120 people. Ninety-six of those killed were in Kerr County, where the toll includes at least 36 children. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Noem, pictured at a round table event to discuss July’s flash flooding in Texas. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

That added layer of bureaucracy was blamed for delaying the approval of vital federal aid for flood-ravaged parts of Texas. “Our shared commitment to our country, our oaths of office, and our mission of helping people before, during, and after disasters compel us to warn Congress and the American people of the cascading effects of decisions made by the current administration,” it read, in part.

The Daily Beast has contacted FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security for comment.

The post ICE Barbie Quietly Caves in Standoff With Staff Who Trashed Her Leadership appeared first on The Daily Beast.

Trump blitzes timeline with Jesse Jackson photos after whining about being called ‘racist’
News

Trump blitzes timeline with Jesse Jackson photos after whining about being called ‘racist’

by Raw Story
February 17, 2026

President Donald Trump posted nearly a dozen photos of himself with the late civil rights icon Jesse Jackson in quick ...

Read more
News

Jesse Jackson won in the end

February 17, 2026
News

Jackson’s 1988 ‘Keep Hope Alive’ Speech Was a Call for Social Justice and Unity

February 17, 2026
News

Pentagon Issues Threat to Anthropic

February 17, 2026
News

Rep. Jim McGovern introduces bill to end “counterproductive” U.S. embargo against Cuba

February 17, 2026
Readers Respond: 11 (More) Transcendent Beatles Covers by Black Musicians

Readers Respond: 11 (More) Transcendent Beatles Covers by Black Musicians

February 17, 2026
DOJ accused of misleading judge to obtain search warrant in Fulton County election case

DOJ accused of misleading judge to obtain search warrant in Fulton County election case

February 17, 2026
In Africa, Jesse Jackson Was Esteemed for His Fight Against Apartheid

In Africa, Jesse Jackson Was Esteemed for His Fight Against Apartheid

February 17, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026