Former San Antonio Spurs guard Josh Primo, whom an NBA investigation found “engaged in inappropriate and offensive behavior by exposing himself to women,” will sign with the Los Angeles Clippers, ESPN reports.
Primo was suspended four games without pay by the NBA for his actions. The 20-year-old was drafted by the Spurs with the No. 12 pick in the 2021 NBA draft. He was waived last year in late October after reports of multiple incidents of exposing himself to women.
After his release, Primo told ESPN in a statement that he was struggling with his mental health and had been seeking help. He has since been in therapy that will continue in L.A.
“The NBA announced today that Joshua Primo has been suspended four games without pay for conduct detrimental to the league,” the league said Friday in a statement. “The league conducted its own investigation and consulted with relevant experts. Following that process, the league found that Primo engaged in inappropriate and offensive behavior by exposing himself to women.
“Primo maintains that his conduct was not intentional, and the league did not find evidence that he engaged in any sexual or other misconduct apart from these brief exposures. Nevertheless, this behavior does not conform to league standards and warrants discipline.”
Primo has a two-way contract with the Spurs, which means he can be shuttled between the Clippers and its NBA G-League minor league affiliate.
In November 2022, former Spurs therapist Dr. Hillary Cauthen filed a lawsuit against Primo and the Spurs. She claimed Primo exposed himself to her nine times during sessions, according to The Associated Press. Her lawsuit claimed nothing was done to discipline Primo or to address her concerns despite numerous complaints.
Her lawsuit was settled against the team and Primo in November 2022.
The Clippers open training camp on October 3.
The post Los Angeles Clippers To Sign Guard Josh Primo, Accused Of Exposing Himself To Women – Report appeared first on Deadline.