Conor McGregor blew off one of America’s flagship morning shows in the hours before the rape allegations against him were made public, Page Six has learned.
We’re told that the MMA superstar (who has denied the claims, calling them a “shakedown”) had been booked for at least a week to appear on ABC’s “Good Morning America’s” third hour — known as “GMA3” — on Wednesday morning.
But we’re told his camp made an early-hours call to producers to say the champ was going to be a no-show.
A few hours later, TMZ reported that an unnamed woman had accused the Irishman, 34, of raping her at Game 4 of the NBA Finals on June 9.
The site reported that her lawyer has claimed that just after the game at the Kaseya Center in Miami, “NBA and Heat security helped separate the woman from her friend… and then forced her into a restroom that McGregor and his security guard were already inside of,” and that, “security refused to let [the woman] exit or allow anyone else, including her friend, inside the bathroom.”
The lawyer then claims McGregor emerged from inside of a handicapped stall “and shoved his tongue in the victim’s mouth and aggressively kissed her” before he “allegedly forced her to have oral sex with him” and then allegedly attempted “to sodomize her.”
For more Page Six you love …
Reps for McGregor said in a statement Thursday morning the “allegations are false.”
“Mr. McGregor will not be intimidated,” they added.
On Friday, video emerged in which McGregor appears to lead his accuser into a bathroom at the arena.
Page Six spies spotted McGregor at his New York City hotel on Tuesday night, seemingly in good spirits.
We’re told he had dinner with his entourage at Polo Bar, then headed off to an Irish bar before returning to his Midtown digs.
Reps for McGregor didn’t get back to us about the “GMA” snub, and reps for the show declined to comment.
The post Conor McGregor was a no-show on ‘GMA’ before rape allegations broke appeared first on Page Six.