The Brit award-winning singer Lewis Capaldi apologised to fans after cancelling all of his upcoming commitments to “rest and recover” ahead of Glastonbury.
Capaldi, 26, said in an Instagram post on Monday that he is “struggling” after a “full on” couple of months in which he released the chart-topping album Broken By Desire To Be Heavenly Sent.
In the post, the Scottish singer wrote: “Hi everyone, hope you’re well. This is a really difficult message and one that hurts me a lot to have to type.
“But I’m really sorry to say that I’m going to have to cancel all commitments from now until I play Glastonbury.”
He had been scheduled to play concerts in Glasgow, Dublin, London and Norway in June.
“It’s been such an incredible time leading into this new album, and seeing all of the support from everyone has been beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of.
“That said, the last few months have been full on both mentally and physically, I haven’t been home properly since Christmas and at the moment I’m struggling to get to grips with it all.”
He continued: “I need to take a moment to rest and recover, to be at my best and ready for Glastonbury and all of the other incredible shows coming up so that I’m able to continue doing what I love for a long time to come.
“I need to take these three weeks to be Lewis from Glasgow for a bit, spend some time with my family and friends and do normal life things that are an important part of me feeling better. I hope everyone understands.”
He added that he is “extremely sorry” for fans who have booked travel or hotels for the cancelled shows.
“The fact you’re willing to come out and spend your time, money and love on these shows is beyond comprehension and I feel incredibly lucky”, he said.
Capaldi is due to play the Glastonbury festival on 24 June on the Pyramid stage before Lizzo and Guns N’ Roses.
PA Media contributed to this report
The post Lewis Capaldi ‘extremely sorry’ for cancelling gigs to rest for Glastonbury appeared first on The Guardian.