Authorities in England believe a dog set its owners house on fire on Christmas Eve by accidentally turning on a hairdryer.
A woman returned home in the evening to find her house in Hockley, Essex filled with smoke and her dog sitting outside the front door, according to Essex Fire Service.
Fire officials believe the pooch jumped onto a bed, inadvertently turning on a hairdryer that the woman had left plugged in on top of the bed.
The hot blow dryer then ignited a fire on the bedding, which spread to the mattress, Watch Manager Gary Shinn said.
Firefighters responded and quickly put out the bedroom fire.
“Once you’ve finished with any electrical appliances such as hairdryers and straighteners please take a moment to unplug them,” Shinn warned. “The homeowner wouldn’t have thought for one moment her dog would turn on the hairdryer, but unplugging something just gives you that peace of mind.”
The woman and the dog were treated for smoke inhalation.
The post Dog sets English house ablaze on Christmas Eve by turning on hairdryer appeared first on New York Post.