Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers marks the return of Disney‘s eponymous chipmunk brothers with a new tale and a new look.
The film follows Chip and Dale 30 years after their Rescue Rangers TV show ended production, and the chipmunks are estranged from one another with Chip working as an insurance salesman and Dale going on convention circuits after getting a CGI makeover.
Chip and Dale are brought back together, though, following the mysterious disappearance of several animated characters, including one of the members of their show’s original crew.
As might be expected, the film has a stellar A-list cast who lend their voices to their animated characters. Here is everything you need to know about them
Who Stars in the ‘Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers’ Voice Cast?
Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers sees the animated and real world collide as it features characters that are animated and a live-action cast.
In the film, cartoons live side-by-side with humans and so there are many actors who play characters that are not animated, such as Kiki Layne who portrays police officer Ellie and Chris Parnell (of Archer and Rick and Morty fame) as Dale’s agent Dave Bollinari.
Even with the mixture of animation and live-action the film has an impressive voice cast, led by John Mulaney and Andy Samberg as Chip and Dale, respectively.
Mulaney and Samberg’s Chip and Dale go up against a trio of villains played by Will Arnett, Seth Rogen and Da’Vone McDonald named Sweet Pete (Arnett), Bob the Warrior Viking (Rogen) and Jimmy the Polar Bear (McDonald).
Rogen actually voices several characters in the film as he also reprises several of his other animated characters, including Pumbaa from The Lion King remake.
Other notable names in the film’s voice cast include J. K. Simmons as police detective Captain Putty, and Eric Bana as Chip and Dale’s friend Monterey Jack.
Several voice actors in the cast also take on multiple roles in the film, Akiva Schaffer for example voices a total of ten characters.
There are also some voice actors who reprise their iconic roles for the Disney+ film like Jeff Bennett who returns to once again voice Beauty and the Beast character Lumiere, a role he has voiced the candelabra eight times before including in the Kingdom Hearts games.
Here is the Full Voice Cast for ‘Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers’:
- John Mulaney as Chip
- Andy Samberg as Dale
- Will Arnett as Sweet Pete
- Seth Rogen as Bob the Warrior Viking, Pumbaa, Mantis, and B.O.B
- J. K. Simmons as Captain Putty
- Eric Bana as Monterey Jack
- Flula Borg as DJ Herzogenaurach
- Tim Robinson as Ugly Sonic
- Keegan-Michael Key as Bjornson the Cheesemonger and Frog Co-Worker
- Da’Vone McDonald as Jimmy the Polar Bear
- Tress MacNeille as Gadget Hackwrench and High-Pitched Chip
- Dennis Haysbert as Zipper
- Corey Burton as High-Pitched Dale and High-Pitched Zipper
- Juliet Donenfeld as Kid Dale
- Mason Bloomberg as Kid Chip
- Akiva Schaffer as Rescue Rangers Director, ET, Officer Sock Puppet, Happy Cartoon Dog, Shoeshiner, Mr. Natural, Hungry Mouse, Sauna Pig, Officer Chameleon, and Bird Husband
- Rachel Bloom as Insurance Sheep, Flounder, Flower Girl, Black & White Reporter, Lost Boy, Stinsons Boy, Chip’s Mom, and Cannon Ball
- Liz Cackowski as Cow Teacher, Tigra, Officer O’Hara, and Bird Wife
- Jim Cummings as Fat Cat, Pooj, Tiger, Shredder Arm, Pete, and Darkwing Duck
- Jeff Bennett as Lumiere
- June Schaffer as Bumper Car Kid, More Please Mouse, and Meow
- Steven Curtis Chapman as Baloo
- Jorma Taccone as Fan Con Announcer, Batman, and Toon Car
- Alan Oppenheimer as He-man and Skeletor
- Hazel Schaffer as Beaver and Railroad Rat
- Charles Fleischer as Roger Rabbit and Chipmunks TV Announcer
Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers is out on Disney+ now.
The post ‘Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers’ Cast: The Famous Voices Behind Disney+ Film appeared first on Newsweek.