It’s May the Fourth yet again, which means it’s time to celebrate Star Wars Day!
It has been decades since the first Star Wars movie was released but it continues to fascinate fans. Although fans don’t need a particular reason to enjoy the franchise, May the Fourth is always a good excuse to celebrate it.
The first organized Star Wars Day was observed in Toronto in 2011, National Today noted. It involved a screening of the Original Trilogy, a costume contest, a game show and streaming of fan-made tributes and parodies.
This year, there are so many ways people can celebrate Star Wars Day even in the comfort of their homes. Star Wars.com recommends holding watch parties, making Star Wars-related crafts, or enjoying Star Wars-themed snacks such as “Yoda pancakes.” There are also some Star Wars Day deals for fans to enjoy.
Dedicated fans may even take inspiration from a group of Star Wars fans in Russia, who built a giant replica of the Razor Crest from the Star Wars spinoff series, “The Mandalorian.”
Whether you celebrate the day by taking advantage of deals, creating your own lightsaber, dressing up in a costume, or simply re-watching your favorite Star Wars films or series, the idea is to take the time to enjoy the franchise that has made an indelible mark in pop culture and film history.
- “The Force will be with you. Always.” -Obi Wan Kenobi
- “No matter how different we appear, we’re all the same in our struggle against the powers of evil and darkness.” -Princess Leia Organa
- “I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.” -Luke Skywalker
- “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent, now get out of here.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
- “Women always figure out the truth. Always.” -Han Solo
- “The Force is neither light nor dark, master nor slave, but a balance between extremes.” – Lanoree Brock
- “We’re not alone. Good people will fight if we lead them.” -Poe Dameron
- “If we can make it to the ground, we’ll take the next chance. And the next. On and on until we win… or the chances are spent.” -Jyn Erso
- “Be careful not to choke on your own aspirations.” -Darth Vader
- “The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we lose it.” -Queen Jamillia
- “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.” -Yoda
- “I fear nothing. For all is as the Force wills it.” – Chirrut Imwe
- “Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is requested of us.” -Padme Amidala
- “Who’s the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” -Obi Wan Kenobi
- “To die for one’s people is a great sacrifice. To live for one’s people, an even greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people.” -Riyo Chuchi
- “Great, kid! Don’t get cocky.” -Han Solo
Have a favorite Star Wars quote? Share it on social media using #StarWarsDay.
The post Star Wars Day 2021: Memorable, Inspiring Quotes To Celebrate May The Fourth appeared first on International Business Times.