Marc Anthony publicly apologized to his fans on Sunday after what he called “a total collapse of the streaming platform” that was to show his virtual concert worldwide over the weekend.
Anthony’s “One Night Only” show was promoted globally, with a guest performance by Daddy Yankee. But Anthony later said “overwhelming demand” caused a major tech glitch that kept the show from going on.
The singer pledged: “You can rest assured that I am doing everything in my power to make sure that the people that spent their hard-earned money have the opportunity to see the show as soon as possible and will make it right for you all.”
The snafu sparked online complaints by disappointed fans, and made Anthony a trending Twitter topic when they could not access the show.
The concert was meant to start at 8 p.m. ET, Billboard reported, with around 100,000 estimated tickets sold. It was to stream via Maestro, a platform that previously supported 2020 shows by Billie Eilish and Tim McGraw. But 90 minutes after the scheduled start time, Anthony posted to social media, “We are experiencing a delay.”
At 1:30 a.m., the pop star, 52, said that the show was not going on, and issued an apology via social media.
Maestro did not immediately return our request for comment.
— Marc Anthony (@MarcAnthony) April 18, 2021
Anthony recently participated in a recent InStyle cover story on his ex-wife Jennifer Lopez, telling the mag of her work ethic: “She’s the first one in the room and the last to leave. The hardest worker I’ve ever met.” Eyebrows were raised that the piece included quotes from Anthony and another of J.Lo’s exes, Ben Affleck, but not Alex Rodriguez.
The post Marc Anthony apologizes to fans for concert’s ‘total collapse’ appeared first on Page Six.