Manchester City has offered Oleksandr Zinchenko to Barcelona, but the La Liga club is only considering the transfer after a few departures, a report said.
Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo reported, citing unnamed sources from Barcelona, that City is keen on sending Zinchenko to Camp Nou before the transfer deadline expires on Oct. 5. According to the report, the winger is on Barca’s transfer shortlist in case the need to bolster the midfield department arises.
So far, no discussions have been held for Zinchenko’s possible transfer.
The La Liga side is not closing its doors on the arrival of Zinchenko at Camp Nou. However, the report said a move will only be considered if Barca will manage to dispose of Junior Firpo. Juan Miranda may also be sold, though he has been given the chance to stay in the first team.
Aside from Barcelona, the 23-year-old has also been linked to Serie A club Napoli. Zinchenko’s name is mentioned in City’s pursuit of Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly, which his rep, Alan Prudnikov, recently confirmed.
“But for this, we have to ask Koulibaly’s agent, of whom we have the utmost respect as well as the Manchester City management,” he continued.
Though there are no concrete offers from Napoli yet, Prudnikov assured that anything could be possible when the opportunity arises.
“What if City called me to include Zinchenko in the negotiation? If it were to do so, we would listen to Napoli’s proposal and try to see what to do,” he said.
Zinchenko’s situation at City is a bit complicated. The Ukrainian renewed his contract last year and is now tied with the Premier League club until 2024. However, due to a muscle injury, Zinchenko has been sidelined since the start of this season.
Both Firpo and Miranda are linked to a move away from Barcelona this summer. Diario Sport earlier reported that Firpo has become a target of Serie A club Atalanta. Miranda, on the other hand, was included in the list of players who were told by coach Ronald Koeman to depart Camp Nou, Mundo Deportivo reported.
Meanwhile, Barcelona has recently rejected another offer from a big-spending club. Marca reported that the Catalans have turned down a $175 million bid for Ansu Fati, but the identity of the club was not mentioned.
The post Barcelona May Consider Signing Manchester City Star Under One Condition, Report Says appeared first on International Business Times.