Beyoncé’s album “Black is King,” which released on Disney+ on July 31, is being praised for its stunning visuals.
The album, which is a celebration of Black culture, was not just shot at multiple locations but also features a diverse cast, including cameos from several internationally-renowned stars and Beyoncé’s three children.
Apart from Queen Bey, who shined throughout the album, here is a list of all those who featured in the visually stunning album –
- Beyoncé’s children – Queen Bey’s eight-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, made several appearances throughout the track “Brown Skin Girl.” Her twins, Rumi and Sir Carter, made a rare appearance at the end of the album.
- Lupita Nyong’o – The Kenyan-Mexican actress, best known for movies like “12 Years a Slave” and “Black Panther,” appeared on the track “Black Skin Girl.”
- Jessie Reyez – The Canadian musician featured on Beyoncé’s “Scar.”
- Pharrell Williams – The Grammy Award-winning singer featured on the track “Water.”
- Jay-Z – Beyoncé’s husband and hip-hop icon featured on “Mood 4 Eva.”
- Saint JHN – The rapper featured on “Brown Skin Girl.”
- Yemi Alade – The Nigerian Afropop singer featured on “My Power” and “Don’t Jealous Me.”
- Tina Savage – The Nigerian singer featured on “Keys to the Kingdom.”
- Wizkid – The Nigerian singer made an appearance in the song “Brown Skin Girl.”
- Shatta Wale – The Ghanaian singer made an appearance in the song “Already.”
- Naomi Campbell – The English supermodel appeared in the song “Brown Skin Girl.”
- 070 Shake – The American hip-hop recording artist featured on the track “Scar.”
- Kendrick Lamar – The rapper made an appearance in the track “Nile” with Beyoncé.
- Other stars who featured in the album include Nigerian singer Burna Boy, actor-singer Childish Gambino, Nigerian singer Mr Eazi and South African actor Warren Masemola. Queen Bey’s mother Tina Knowles-Lawson also makes several appearances throughout the album.
In a press release, Disney had said the album “reimagines the lessons of ‘The Lion King’ for today’s young kings and queens in search of their own crowns. The voyages of Black families, throughout time, are honored in a tale about a young king’s transcendent journey through betrayal, love and self-identity. His ancestors help guide him toward his destiny, and with his father’s teachings and guidance from his childhood love, he earns the virtues needed to reclaim his home and throne.”
The post ‘Black Is King’ Cast Update: Here’s All Those Who Feature In The Visual Album appeared first on International Business Times.