A former teen model and aspiring actress from Poland says she was sexually abused by Harvey Weinstein when she was just 16, according to a new lawsuit.
Kaja Sokola, now 33, had just moved to the United States in 2002 when she was introduced to the now-disgraced movie mogul, who arranged to meet her for lunch to help her with her career, a new Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit says.
“Naïve as the child that she was, Sokola believed him,” the court documents say.
But when they met, “instead of taking her to lunch, as promised, Harvey Weinstein took Sokola without her consent to his apartment,” the court papers, filed Thursday, claim.
Once inside, Weinstein, then 50, “wasted no time in aggressively and threateningly demanding sex,” the court papers say.
“He told her that if she wanted to be an actress, she would have to be comfortable doing whatever the director told her to do — including losing her inhibitions and getting naked.”
Weinstein allegedly ordered the teenager to strip, and she complied, feeling “as though she was no longer in control of her body.”
Weinstein “pressured Sokola, saying that he had ‘made’ the careers of Penelope Cruz and Gwyneth Paltrow, and that neither would be working without him” before fondling her and forcing her to masturbate him, the suit says.
As Weinstein allegedly molested Sokola, she “continuously protested.” But his “demeanor became intense, as if he was hunting prey,” the filing states.
“Sokola realized then he was determined to sexually satisfy himself with her in whatever way he wanted,” the court documents allege. “He would not let her leave until after he terrified and sexually abused her.”
After the alleged assault, “Weinstein insisted that what had just happened was normal.”
When he finally let her go, “he told her that she needed to work on her stubbornness,” per the court papers.
Sokola, who previously sued anonymously in one of the class-action cases against Weinstein, brought the new case under New York’s recently enacted Child Victims Act.
The law, which that went into effect in August, allows former child victims a one-year window to file claims that have already passed outside of the statute of limitations.
Sokola — who quit modeling to become a psychologist — said in a statement that she is going public in the new case because, “I cannot accept the proposed ‘global settlement’ as fair or just.”
Last week, it was revealed that the fallen movie maker — who has been accused of sexual misconduct by over 80 women — would settle for $25 million with many of his accusers.
“There is no accountability for the perpetrators, insufficient compensation for all of the victims, and millions of dollars going to people that I believe enabled Weinstein,” Sokola’s statement said.
Sokola’s lawsuit also names Weinstein’s brother Robert Weinstein, Disney and Miramax. She said they are all “enablers” who “should have — stopped Harvey Weinstein before he made me another of his victims.”
“I have been living with the trauma of that day ever since,” Sokola said adding it drove her out of modeling. “I have long since moved on from modeling and, because of Harvey Weinstein, gave up on my dreams of acting.”
Sokola said the incident scarred her mentally.
“By revealing my own scar, I hope to encourage others to speak up about their own experiences,” she said in a statment.
And while the lawsuit won’t take away her pain, Sokola said she hopes “to achieve at least some measure of justice that has still been denied to Harvey Weinstein’s many victims.”
“While others may have decided to settle, albeit under some of the most offensive and one-sided terms, we hope that the filing of this complaint encourages other victims and the New York Attorney General to join us as we continue our efforts at holding Harvey Weinstein and his enablers accountable,” Sokola’s lawyers, Douglas Wigdor and Kevin Mintzer said.
Reps for Weinstein, Miramax and Disney did not immediately return a request for comment.
The post Kaja Sokola, former teen model, accuses Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault appeared first on New York Post.